GRADUATE / POST-GRADUATE ESTIMATOR – INTERNAL FINISHINGS
A unique opportunity to join a local, family run specialist interior construction business established for 37 years as a Graduate / Post-Graduate Estimator;
The position will ideally suit a candidate recently graduated in a construction related degree or shortly due to graduate.
Based in Cambois, Blyth, Interceil are a specialist SFS, Partitioning, Dry Lining and Suspended Ceiling contractor who undertake works with Main Contractors and direct clients within the North East in a variety of sectors.
With current secured contracts running until the end of 2020, the business is looking to continue to strengthen and add to the current team as part of the long-term business plan
The Role: (in brief)
– Office based and regular site visits.
– Work alongside the current part time estimator until the end of 2020 to assist in the tendering processes, contract negotiations and company procurement with a view to being solely responsible for these activities from 2020 onwards
– Work as a team with Senior Management to understand the company processes including purchase orders, invoicing, cost reconciliation and payroll to understand the full financial mechanism of the company
– Work together with the construction team on minor projects (£10k-£100k) to compile pre-contract information, scope of works, supply chain agreements, labour and plant plans to fully outline the project requirements. Assisting with the financial management and account of the project from pre-construction to completion.
– Where necessary and in the event of holiday cover, additional minor duties may be requested during these periods within the capabilities of the individual.
– Being part of internal management meetings on a regular basis
– Working with construction teams to undertake workload forecasts
Salary – To be negotiated in line with candidate and paid on the last working Thursday of each month
Vehicle – upon successful completion for both parties (6 months), vehicle package / expense to be negotiated. Agreement to be made for personal vehicle business mileage allowance for the probation period.
Phone – upon successful completion for both parties (6 months) company mobile telephone will be provided for business use (within the limitations bound by the mobile contract.)
Expenses – any expenses incurred for business purposes to be reimbursed using expenses claim from within the salary payment.
Holidays- Annual Holidays 21 days with prior agreement
Plus paid time for days designated public holidays in England
– CSCS Card
– Full UK Driving License
– Academic qualifications to A-Level or equivalent in Maths and English
– Excellent knowledge and ability to use Word, Excel and outlook
– Estimating / Construction Management / Quantity Surveying degree level preferred
– Experience of using supply chain portals, extranet systems and the like -preferred but not essential
– Experience within the construction industry with genuine understanding of the requirements of the essential construction processes -preferred but not essential
– Punctual, polite with a high level of communication skills for working involvement as part of a team, and representation of the company with our clients and supply chain
InterCeil Limited are an equal opportunities employer.