A unique opportunity to join a local, family run business established for 36 years as a Graduate / Post-Graduate Estimating Quantity Surveyor;
Based in Cambois Blyth, Interceil are a specialist SFS, Partition and Ceiling contractor who undertake works with main contractors and direct clients within the North East in a variety of sectors.
With current secured contracts running until the end of 2020, the business is looking to continue to strengthen and add to the current team as part of the long-term business plan
The Role: (in brief)
– Office based and regular site visits.
– Work alongside the current part-time estimator until the end of 2020 to assist in the tendering processes, contract negotiations and company procurement with a view to being solely responsible for these activities from 2020 onwards
– Work as a team with Senior Management to understand the company processes including purchase orders, invoicing, cost reconciliation and payroll to understand the full financial mechanism of the company
– Work together with the construction team on minor projects (£10k-£100k) to compile pre-contract information, scope of works, supply chain agreements, labour and plant plans to fully outline the project requirements. Assisting with the financial management and account of the project from pre-construction to completion.
– Where necessary and in the event of holiday cover, additional minor duties may be requested during these periods within the capabilities of the individual.
– Being part of internal management meetings on a regular basis
– Working with construction teams to undertake workload forecasts
Salary – £20,000 – £30,000.00 to be negotiated in line with candidate experience/ability and paid on the last working Thursday of each month
Vehicle – upon successful completion of probationary period for both parties (6 months), vehicle package / expense to be negotiated. Agreement to be made for personal vehicle business mileage allowance for the probation period.
Phone – upon successful completion of probationary period for both parties (6 months) company mobile telephone will be provided for both business and personal use (within the
limitations bound by the mobile contract.) Agreement to be made for business usage on personal phone during the probation period.
Expenses – any expenses incurred for business purposes to be reimbursed using expenses claim form within the salary payment.
Holidays- Annual Holidays 21 days with prior agreement
Plus paid time for days designated public holidays in England
– CSCS Card
– Full UK Driving License- Estimating / Construction Management / Quantity Surveying degree level preferred OR working towards close to graduating
– Academic qualifications to A-Level or equivalent in Maths and English
– Excellent knowledge and ability to use Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
– Experience of using supply chain portals, extranet systems and the like – preferred but not essential
– Experience within the construction industry with genuine understanding of the requirements of the essential construction processes – preferred but not essential
– Punctual and polite with a high level of communication skills for working as part of a team and representation of the company with our clients and supply chain
For Further Details or send CV to email@example.com
Closing Date Friday 11th January 2019
InterCeil Limited are an equal opportunities employer.